Sign in to follow this  
sassygranny

Another Tennesseean

Good Saturday morning!  I'm a long-time tent camper who has gotten too old and creaky to sleep on the ground, let alone stoop to get into a tent. I've been exploring small travel trailer options and just now discovered Ollie.  I'm still working fulltime.  Retirement and two or three other conditions have to fall into place before I can do this, but I want to be ready to MOVE on it when the time is right.  So, I research, research, research!  Many thanks to all of you who share photos, stories and expertise.

Suzette

Welcome to the Oliver forums.  We're here to help.  I know you must have questions so don't be shy, fire away.

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

States Visited Map     Map of Provinces I Visited

I too am an aspiring Oliver owner, also from Tennessee and like you the tent camping is somewhat of a challenge at this stage.  I'm hoping finances will gleam positively this year and I'll be all in for 2017 model Elite II.

Guest Guest

Hi Suzette,

Welcome to the Oliver Forum.  Like yourself I was a tent camper.  I also spent a year researching travel trailers.  I suspect you will be please as you dig into the details of how an Oliver Travel Trailer is designed and manufactured.  I also believe you will be pleased with the informative and helpful nature of Ollie owners here on the Forum.

Suzette, I would guess you may have a list of "must haves" and "nice to haves" for your future travel trailer.  Feel free to share your thoughts and ask the owners why they each bought an Oliver TT.  We love to talk about our Ollies.

I did have a long list of "nice to haves", but only three "must haves".  My "must haves" were real deal breakers for me.  They were:

1.  It would need to be very maneuverable as well as easy to tow.

2.  I wanted innovative design with state-of-the-art components.

3.  I demand high quality and superb durability.

My Elite II delivered on all three.

Suzette, feel free to dig deep as you complete your research.  Feel free to say, "Buzzy, why do you say your Elite II is maneuverable?"  We owners are happy to explain our thoughts.

Hope this is helpful.

Buzzy

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all.  I suspect I will mostly be a lurker.  I don't yet know what I don't know.  Know what I mean?  :)   But, I'm enjoying living vicariously through your posts.

Suzette

Guest Guest

Hi Suzette,

It is very common for new members to observe the flow of ideas prior to active participation.  (We call it whistling in the weeds.) It is also very common for members to express, “I do not know what I do not know”.  You have begun an amazing journey with all the joy and hesitation.  I encourage you to make your journey uniquely your own.  In that way, you will derive great joy in your accomplishments.

With that thought in mind, there is much you do know.  I am betting you already know what kind of camping/RVing makes you smile.  That will be the framework for all future decisions regarding the type of travel trailer, the gear you need and the skills required.

In many ways, the Oliver Forum is an on-line university.  The owners and prospective owners possess a great deal of knowledge.  I believe your goal will be to gather and understand that knowledge and over time convert it to wisdom that enables you to be a “Happy Camper”.

Suzette, stay the course and have fun along the way!

Buzzy