Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Camping Oliver Canines ?

Guest Guest

Anyone have Pictures and/or Videos of your Canines Camping ?

Any funny Camping Canine Stories ?

Please share. Thanks!

~ Smokey X ~

p555z8ciqp8g0giotcesywgybwfcwkub.jpg

We have a German Shepard, named Gunner, that goes with us, and has turned into a good camper. We got him as a 5 year old about 4 years ago and our first trip was to Colorado when we had the slid in pickup camper, yeah, it was close quarters. We now have the standard size bed and he has his place, which sometimes also moves into our space. Ok ok, a lot of times that happens. After a few hours he will go up and lay down by the door, yep, right in front of the bathroom door.

The downside, yep there are some, along with the good times, are no dogs on the trails in the National Parks. The other is the piddle/poopie walk that you have to do. I like when our site is on  the outside next to the woods, otherwise you are walking along the road by all the other campers. Then, you know it's coming, in front of a bunch of people sitting out side, ol Gunner decides it a great place to take a hot steaming dump. That's bad enough, but then you have to take out you poop bag, and proceed to gather it up. Hate when that happens.

Having a big dog does give you a sense of security, especially when you get a midnight knock on the door at the Flying J. We had 2 HP Officers kindly ask us to move because somebody complained of our location. The RV spaces were taken by 6 bobtail tractors so we found another place along the curb that was ok with the store manager.

Yeah, we love having Gunner with us and the companion he is.

Stan (Gunners slave)

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Guest Guest

Hey Commanche Stan love that handle)!

Love that... >>> Gunner's slave.  ;) Yes, our dawgs own us.

J. had a BIG Black Lab named Gunner when we got married. When he stood on his hind legs he was looking at me eye-to-eye.

Gunner is a real manly, man name ;)

Yes, dog do, doo right in front of people.  We went on campground walks all over with our mule team. Great way to meet people. Stopping and talking dog. Really get fellowship swopping stories.

Fortunately Einstein Mabel pees and poops on command on her yo yo zinger.

No matter the Collie type they are real people pleasers as are most herding dogs.

Now our stubborn Scotts drove us nutso. Getting both of them to do their business was sssttttressssful.

Of course Neyll had to pee first and Moose felt the need covered it. Took forever for either one of them to poop on lead no matter how long we begged.

Mabe won't be coming with us to FL ... she will be staying in a doggy resort that probably will cost as much as our campsite.

She will be camping with us in TN. I am sure she will do fine. She loves being w/ her people. I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone in the RV even if it's locked.

Something some people do is when they want to go away for the day sans dog they put them in a local doggy day care where they are.

That is a compromise. If you don't have a doggy daycare sitter for your RV and its just a couple at least an option. Now if you group camp chances are someone will stay with the camping buddy dogs in the group.

Now we ALL KNOW Never, ever, NEVER have your dog off lead in a campground or for that matter in public period unless it's fenced and doggy proof. I witnessed a very well trained dog that never failed to do a sit/drop/stay until that fateful day she saw a neighbor across a very quiet cul-de-sac street. Ran to her and hearing nothing, thinking nothing but OH BOY! The owner just 2 paces off. No cars the whole morning until a 60 mile per hour speeding pickup truck who didn't bother to see a dog going down a driveway in his sight and hit her square on. That sick thump still echos. And the jerk never stopped.

I'm going to see if J can hunt up baby MabelLean's video going to pick her up. She literally was raised in a petting zoo on the SC/GA region.

She is remarkably marked a tri blue mural. Most people think she is an Australian Shepherd with a plume tail. She'll match the Smokey X just like a blue tick hound.

Keep checking our profile it changes lots. I get bored w/ the same ole same ole.

Also featuring a link to my dearest friend Jack Wellman's site and it changes very often. What a great man so humble. He serves millions and millions throughout the world daily.

Thank you so much for responding and telling us about your slave-driver Gunner. I'm sure everyone understands they own our hearts lock. stock, and barrel. Humans really could learn from these lovely creatures who can give unconditional Agape love.

I have never been without at least 1 dog my whole entire lifetime. And I never intend to ever be without one.

Cheers and blessings to you and yours! Hug that Gunner for us!

~ J. & P. and Mabe

Neyll and Moose on Fort Walden Beach Peer.

gr6krpz50xncofwbe76lhvkuio1pbvoi.jpg

Neyll left bigger for motherhood with a wonderful disposition.

Mungo Moose right smaller on purpose and a very good looking lad.

Together they had 7 spectacular pups.

Both at the bridge and their pups are now 13.

That is very old for Scotties.

Most show breeding dogs die right after being retired around age 8.

The last 2 Scotties that won Westminster were bred to death.

I cry for this wonderful breed!

We got them when J lost his little buddy Myrtle the Cairn.

He had seen 2 Scotties at Big South Fork National Park and he wanted Scotties.

With help from above and from Myrtle I am sure in record time we had them both.

We have a 6 month old mini Aussie doodle that we just started traveling with....so no stories yet. Given her personality though, I'm sure there will be.

IMG_0051.jpg.d2e9e16324c4c388fddf5f4c69b521d8.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg.e02499d52435c5059c45f6c6272e154a.jpg

• Thanks 1

GrayGhost

2015 Legacy Elite II Hull # 98

2016 Dodge Ram Laramie EcoDiesel

Guest Guest

WOW GG!

How cute is she???

What a neat mix.

BOUND to be smart! Aussies + Poodle (anything) has to be.

Looks to be non-shedding.

Will be trainable and a person doggy.

Keep us posted!

We can use this thread for a good long time.

I LOVE DOGS period.

And so do others.

lee3lzqr0pllgzceott952wriqx6ryo2.jpg

Guest Guest

The Watch

Myrtle the Cairn was her Daddy's little buddy.

She had heart failure and her trachea was closing. Horrible wrenching forced breathing.

We rushed her to the vet.

We left her there in 100% oxygen hoping for a miracle.

A call in the Sunday morning hours from the Emergency Vet said there was no turn around.

We rushed there to be with her and do what must be done to be loving and humane.

J put his forehead to hers and her breathing eased.

The shots were given and she was gone we know to Heaven.

How?

J had a self winding watch he placed on the dresser at the end of his week of work.

It kept its windup typically well into the next week.

We were in deep, deep mourning, stunned, no consolation to be found.

J put his watch on Monday to go to work.

It had stopped prematurely the very moment she passed.

Now our 4 babies are playing romping in the meadow just beyond the Rainbow.

Empress Lotus Blossom Wok - Lhasa, Myrtle , Neyll , and Moose.

When you have lost one of your babies who are now at the Bridge this will help we promise to say goodbye and prepare you for bringing a new baby to their forever home.

http://webpages.charter.net/mungoman/TheScottyAppeal/TheScottyAppeal2.html

Read Myrtle's Tribute  posted a week after she passed.

Press her woodpile picture.

I did not read the Tribute that her daddy wrote until it posted.

I thought I had been so brave.

I read it and sobbed.

May God  bless all people who adore their special furbabies!

1ynmaxv22jl94yt8hnvzxb58pljsjebb.jpg

qe4xqlmy4zlmmg5p6zdzs1pdd4hvmf72.jpg

vendc11gkfnambix9hl7tlmrp31awgvh.jpg

Love,

~ J, P

I Loved seeing all of the canine companions & hearing their stories. Thanks for sharing!

We have traveled with our dogs for years and wouldn't have it any other way. We had 3 Cesky terriers, Casey, Clipper, & Chloe that were active in Obedience, Earthdog & Conformation from 2000-2007. The breed wasn't AKC recognized until 2004 so we wanted to do all we could to see that happen. Our sweet kids slowly left us & went on to Rainbow Bridge. We were so lost without our canine companions but knew it would be difficult to find another Cesky.

In 2013 a dear friend (Cesky breeder) presented us with Emma (see photo below) and she is now the love of our lives!

Smiles....Kathy

IMG_0226.thumb.jpg.bf714e15b46de8588d0facffed13308d.jpg

• Thanks 2

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

We left our companion in the camper, for a quick trip to the truck. Oops! The lower screen now has to be replaced . Evidently not totally claw proof. Anyone found a good guard to prevent a recurrence?

Our new Westie "Piper" is just about 16 months old now.  She has just completed her third Ollie trip.  She is a great travelling companion and goes everywhere with us.  She even "Boldly went where no dog has gone before"!    (See the pics before you ask)  :-)

Scotty

IMG_0077.thumb.jpg.e45ef00cf732aab76120ab3b5c936358.jpg

IMG_0441.thumb.jpg.555dcef9d89c853dc1ac20d354bf9405.jpg

IMG_0141.thumb.jpg.596674f46f25f1c10ffebbb57748eb35.jpg

• Thanks 2

Gregg & Donna Scott and Piper the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Scotty - Piper is too cute!

Smiles....Kathy

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

That you, bugbite?

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

States Visited Map     Map of Provinces I Visited

We don’t usually go camping with our dogs. The little one is not too people friendly and the big one is just too big. However, we had to take them a little while ago when we evacuated from the hurricane.  It was a tight squeeze as Duke took up the whole floor.

B2C7A0D1-C366-4516-BDBC-0F96D1D9E41F.thumb.jpeg.885fd0ae15601d17227c76a854200e36.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Brandi Shaffer

That you, bugbite?

I’m pretty sure it is bugbite (click the disguised html link at the bottom of post 45466) but I am fine with it as long as the tone of her comments stays friendly and completely non-evangelical in nature, OTH I do think members who post often should not remain anonymous. It is deceptive.

John Davies

Spokane WA

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

This post is from Feb 2017. They had an account at one time then they deleted it - hence the anonymous username. :)

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

This post is from Feb 2017. They had an account at one time then they deleted it – hence the anonymous username. ????

I remember that day... Lol :) when she got herself deleted, she was a bad girl... Haha

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Any posts from anyone who has deleted his/her account, or, in the rare instance, had their account deactivated by an admin, will appear later as anonymous

You must have a valid account to post on our forum, in other words.

New users have a name they have chosen. Deleted/ deactivated accounts all share the "anonymous" name.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12