Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Just checking in from Montana

Guest Guest

Howdy all, we've decided to seriously pursue the Oliver Elite II. Finally got to see one in person, thanks to the owner of hull#251. Spoke with Anita and flooring, fabric and counter top samples are in route. The rest of the options are just a matter of research and proper due diligence. Looking to order in Jan 2018 and schedule a May delivery. For now the lurking and learning continues.

I'll fill in the profile info soon, but in short, I'm retired military ('97) then of course moved on to the "real world". Recently fully retired after 2 previous attempts. Joni is still plugging away until the day she pulls the plug on the productive side of our adventures through life.

Cheers,

Mark and Joni

Welcome Mark & Joni :)

If you've been lurking for a while then you've been sneaking around in all the right places :)

You have definitely made the right choice, Oliver is the best!

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hi Mark & Joni - Welcome!

We lurked the forum for many years pror to our ownership....There’s lots of information and everybody is very helpful. Enjoy!

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Mark & Joni -

Welcome too to you two!

I also thought that once I made the major decision to purchase the Oliver everything else would be a piece of cake.  All the choices!  All the decisions!  All the fun!

Let us know if any of us can help.

Bill

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Mark and Joni, welcome from a fellow military retiree. Folks here are happy to answer questions so ask away!  Mike

Mike and Carol Thompson | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX

The Lone Star Oliver #135 | 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAILKSKYLAMDMSMONVNMNYNCOHOKSCTNTXUTVAWVsm.jpg

Welcome Mark and Joni!

I have put a lot of time into reading this forum and the Oliver University documents....including the owners manual cover to cover. The folks on this forum (and in Hohenwald) are great at answering questions and making folks feel welcome. We just placed our order for an Elite II also....ever since it seems time has really slowed to a crawl :-(

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

Thank you for your service and welcome to this forum! Don't be bashful about asking questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable people  on here.

STEVEnBETTY

Guest Guest

Thanks all for the warm reception. We are not anticipating too many obstacles as we are fairly schooled in a purchase such as the Ollie. We are experienced boon-dockers, tent campers and pickup truck campers. The Oliver will be an addition to our current adventure rig and provide a more amenities loaded  travel experience when we head east to see the rest of the USA. Our travels have been confined to west of the big river and we have plans to cover the rest of the nation. The Hallmark truck camper, although suited well for our current camping needs, will likely not be the best set-up for the hotter, humid and crowded areas I anticipate on the east coast and mid/south east areas.

Our current set-up is a custom ordered Hallmark Everest slide-in camper and a built to order 4-Star stock trailer that I've converted to a Jeep hauler/all around utility covered wagon. Tow/hauler rig is a 2017 Ford F350 dually. We mostly hideout while exploring in the mountainous areas of Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado.

On this purchase, we did consider Airstream and Bigfoot, but after an initial meet and greet with sales people at the local dealers, the experience left an awful taste in our mouths. Slick and shark like sales tactics don't play well in our world. We had a similar experience with the truck camper purchase. Thus we sought and found the alternatives; direct to customer manufacturers.

As most of you may know there are some poorly built RV units being produced today. We have found the direct to consumer, non-mass production manufacturers are providing the best bang for your buck. The RV industry is back in high gear from the 2007-08 down turn. The ramping up in production is killing quality and the mass producers had better figure this out soon or those of us spending our dollars will sour of the whole deal and draw back. Sorry for the rant, but I come from a aircraft maintenance/infrastructure production background and have zero tolerance for crap workmanship, corporate greed and other foolishness I see today. For anyone interested in the Google button...experiences include. AFSC's 2W2X1, 2A790, 8S000, HDPE pipe/fittings, quality, production and general management, back country guide.

We are approaching this purchase in a methodical manner and we'll likely make few errors in the order. One thing I will be relying on is everyone's input when it comes to the Oliver company and ANY overall quality issues. I've read ZERO complaints online, which is very unusual and I hope is indicative of what my expectations are; no complaints or regrets. I currently do not plan to visit the factory as I did with Hallmark (3 visits). The Hallmark owners are exceptional people in all ways and the experience was awesome, although time consuming. I'm getting the same vibe from all I've read and viewed with the Oliver group, thus I'll forego a site visit. I do understand the Oliver family is also tied to other manufactured composite products and I'll bet their experiences and processes bleed across to the trailer line, which is always a good plan.

Anyway, I'm getting carried away...thanks again for the hardy welcome and as noted, I'll shoot any questions I have your direction. As well, please feel free to do the same with me.

Mark

[attachment file=77818]

Welcome to the world of Olivers, if you are near Spokane contact me and we can get together. My trailer is stored indoors so you can view it even during a blizzard....

Olivers are great trailers, they are in no way trouble free, NO trailer is, and the company has had some growing pains. The other side of that coin is that you will not find a better company to deal with. They are truly dedicated to keeping their customers happy.

I am an ex A&P and my expectations are way, WAY higher than most folks. I vowed to never buy another RV after the disaster that was my 1990 Nash 27. But looking at a couple of Ollies made me change my mind. Whenever I look at Mouse, he makes me happy. He tows beautifully and is so warm and comfy when the weather is bad. No regrets!.

John Davies

Spokane WA

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Guest Guest

John-PM sent. I'll take you up on the offer to view your unit.

Welcome Mark & Joni! We are soon to be owners of an Elite II, picking up December 5th. It is a shame to miss a factory tour with Brent, if you think you are impressed with the Oliver now, you just can’t fathom what you would think after the tour. Impressive is a huge understatement, in fact the owners who bought the earlier ones should try to tour again if they have the opportunity. We truly believe they are second to none. So glad our wait is almost over! Hope to meet you at the rally in May!

• Thanks 1

Trish & Jack

Well, this is funny, I just spent two and a quarter hours with Mark and Joni, showing them my trailer. They were very impressed with the obvious build quality. They are such nice folks, I think they will be a great addition to the Oliver community.

Mark and Joni, you are welcome to sit around my campfire any time.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Guest Guest

A BIG thanks John. You and your wife inviting us into your home and taking the time (more like 3 hours) to show us hull #218 was awesome. A long day with the 450 mile round trip excursion but well worth it.

Although we had already decided to pull the trigger on the Ollie, the in depth tour of your unit was very much appreciated. All questions and concerns were covered with the results being a simple duplication of your efforts is what I'll follow. Joni will handle all of the decor decisions and I'll handle the nuts and bolt stuff. You represent Oliver well in your representation of their product.

I would encourage anyone needing assistance, having questions or wanting to see  the twin bed model up close to contact John.

Good luck on the Stone Stomper installation...looking forward to your review and write-up.

Again, THANKS!

Mark